IIT Madras is accepting applications for a two-year research fellowship in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science from deserving and exceptional graduate and post-graduate students under the age of 27 years. The Post Baccalaureate Fellowship will be offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) through the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI). Those who will get selected would receive a monthly stipend of up to Rs 60,000.
The Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI) at IIT Madras is one of India's premier interdisciplinarity data science and artificial intelligence centres, as well as one of the world's few centres focusing on applications in several engineering disciplines. The institute has one of the country's largest groups studying networked data across various fields, as well as the top deep reinforcement Learning group. Students that are chosen for the fellowship will work on a variety of cutting-edge projects.
"I am working in Covid-19 Disease Spread Analysis Program to analyse their mobility data to research population movement trends and hence collaborated with the 'Facebook Data for Good' initiative. We intend to communicate the findings to policymakers and assist them in making data-driven decisions. Unlike other universities, we get to engage directly with industries, which opens up even more prospects in the future," stated Senthamizhan V, Post Baccalaureate Fellow, RBCDSAI (from September 2019) and Anna University alumnus.
Advantages Of Pursuing The IIT Madras Research Fellowship In Artificial Intelligence
Students who are chosen for the IIT Madras two-year artificial intelligence research fellowship will get the following advantages:
- Work with India's premier interdisciplinary Research Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- The Centre has the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups, as well as the largest network analytics and deep reinforcement learning groups.
- The Centre's fellows publish in prestigious journals and at top conferences.
- Participants will be able to attend seminars and meet with leading scientists from across the world.
- Many fellows go on to work for major companies in data science and artificial intelligence or to conduct future research at prestigious institutions.
IIT Madras Research Fellowship In Artificial Intelligence: How to Apply
The candidates who are interested in the IIT Madras Research Fellowship in AI and Data Science must submit their applications on the dedicated page before June 30, 2021. Additionally, the applicants need to write a brief statement of purpose expressing their goal and motivation in working at RBCDSAI, IIT Madras. The applicants must also choose three RBCDSAI faculty members with whom they would like to collaborate. Other information, such as educational qualifications and the updated resume of applicants, must also be uploaded.