The Government of West Bengal has announced Hindi Scholarship Scheme for the students of West Bengal who are studying in higher secondary, graduation, post graduation and research (M.Phill, Ph.D. or M Litt. etc). Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship.
Objective of the scholarship:
- The aim of this scholarship is to promote the study of Hindi in Non-Hindi speaking states like West Bengal.
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must be a student who belongs to a non-Hindi speaking state and ordinarily residing in West Bengal.
- Should have passed the madhyamik, higher secondary, graduation, post graduation or any other equivalent degree in 2017.
- Should have taken admission in any recognized full-time course with Hindi as the sole subject or as one of the combination subjects in the same year.
- Must have passed the previous qualifying examination with at least 60 percent marks in the first attempt and having Hindi as one of the subjects in the respective course.
How to apply for the scholarship?
- Candidates can apply directly from the office address mentioned below( between 12 noon to 4 pm on any working day)
Address to connect:
Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal,
Bikash Bhaban, North Block, 9tn Floor,
Scholarship award details:
- For Higher secondary stage: The amount of scholarship per month is Rs.300 and the quota is 143.
- For Graduation (UG) stage: The amount of scholarship per month is Rs.500 and the quota is 72.
- For Post-Graduation (PG) as well as Research stage: The amount of scholarship per month is Rs.1000 and the quota is 24.
Who is not eligible for the scholarship?
- The candidates belonging to West Bengal but are living in any Hindi speaking states are not eligible for this scheme
- Candidates preparing for any private examination or are willing to pursue studies through correspondence are not eligible.
For more information about the scholarship, click here