The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is offering a 'Women's Scientists Scheme (WOS)', which focuses on the projects that are related to Science and Technology interventions for the benefit of the society.
The last date for the submission of the online application is September 15, 2017.
The move has been primarily aimed at providing a chance for women scientists and technologist who belong to the age group of 27 to 57 and who has a break in their career but have a desire to return to the mainstream.
The Fellowship is available for women who are pursuing PhD, M.Phil/M.Tech and M.Sc programes. The Women's Scientist Scheme will be focusing n projects that are related to the science and technology interventions.
The fellowship is offering a total amount of Rs. 55,000 under the scheme for PhD or its equivalent where the total project cost is not exceeding Rs.30 Lakhs. For M.Phil/M.Tech the scheme covers Rs.40,000 with the total project coming under the cost of Rs.25 Lakhs. The M.Sc or its equivalent course is offered an amount of Rs.30,000 with the total cost not exceeding Rs.20 Lakhs.
The total project cost includes the fellowship of the Principal Investigator (PI), Consumables, Travel, Contingencies and minor Equipment(s) but exceeds Overheads.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- The candidates who apply for the the fellowship must be Indian citizens. Candidates from Science and Technology domain who have a permanent position or employment are not eligible for the scheme.
- The candidates must fall into the age group of 27 to 57 who have taken a break in their career.
- They must be interested in the addressing of a well defined/identified societal challenge through viable Science and Technology interventions.
- The application will be scanned rigorously and the selection process will be tough. The most promising candidates may be extended budgetary support.
- The Candidates should have necessary science and technology skills and must be well equipped at techniques to deliver the expected outcome.
How to Apply for DST Women's Fellowship 2017?
- The interested candidates must visit the official website - onlinedst.gov.in
- DST has started e-PMS for online submission of the research proposal.
- The Personal Investigator will have to register on the portal and upload the proposal in the required format.
- The format is available on the e-PMS under KIRAN Division and at the DST website
- Two hard copies of the submitted proposal must be sent to Dr Vandana Singh, Scientist, Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi- 110016, by Speed Post.
- The envelope must be superscribed with 'Women Scientist Scheme B(WOS-B)'
- Click here for the link to the Application form
For more Details about the DST WOS Fellowship Click Here