An official notification has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), calling out for students to make use of the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS). According to the notice, students can now renew their CSSS scholarships for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
For all the professional courses, the scholarship will be renewed till the graduation level of that course and for all the other courses, the scholarship will be renewed up to maximum of five years of that stream.
- Candidates should have passed class 12 board exams in 2012, 2013, 2014
- Candidates should not be availing other scholarships
- Candidates should have passed with at least 60 per cent in the course they are pursuing
- Candidates should have at least 75 per cent attendance and good discipline
The scholarship amount is Rs 1,000 per month for three years for graduation, and Rs 2,000 per month for two years for post graduate courses
How to apply for the CBSE CSSS Scholarship?
- Interested students can renew their applications on the official website of the board by clicking on the link, cbse.nic.in. (The applicants who have already applied for the first renewal of CSSS-2015 through National E-Scholarship Portal need not apply)
- Applicants will have to submit separate renewal forms for each year attested by the head of institution from where the applicant is pursuing his or her higher studies
For documents verification, Aadhar Card is compulsory for the renewal of CSSS scholarship
The last date to apply for the online renewal is on December 15, 2017 and hard copies of the application forms must also be submitted by December 31, 2017