The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has invited applications for 'Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships' from Indian nationals, foreign nationals, PIOs, and OCIs as a result of its recent elevation as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. There are up to 100 vacancies available in all fields of science, social sciences, humanities, and other professions.
The Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded for a period of two years, with the possibility of a one-year extension based on a favourable evaluation by the review committee. The deadline for application submissions is June 17, 2022.
Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022: Eligibility
Below are the eligibility criteria for interested candidates:
- Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree from one of the top 500 universities (THE or QS ranking) with a strong academic record or two years of postdoctoral experience from one of the top 500 universities.
- Candidates should have publications in high-impact journals and be able to conduct independent research.
- As of June 17, 2022, the candidate should be under the age of 35 years to apply.
- Rules of the government of India would apply.
Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022
A monthly stipend of Rs 1 lakh (Approx USD 1,350 per month) will be given to candidates. In addition, the candidate would be eligible for Rs 3 lakh (USD 3,800) annual research grant. There may be a limited number of campus accommodations available.
Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022: List of Required Documents
Candidates must review the following documents before applying for the fellowship:
- Proposed Research Strategy
- One-page curriculum vitae with a list of all publications; curriculum vitae format is available on the IoE, BHU website.
- Two or more PDF files with important articles and a brief summary of the candidate's contribution
- Attach a consent document from a BHU faculty member who is willing to host.
- Letter of recommendation from thesis supervisor or PDF advisor.
Candidates can check more details regarding Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 on the BHU official website.