In order to create the future leaders, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, has started inviting the online applications for the German Chancellor Fellowships. Any university graduate from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA can avail this fellowship, which provides an opportunity to pursue the next level of your career in Germany.
Candidates can apply to this fellowship irrespective of their field of work. What a candidate needs to do, is develop his/her own project idea and find a host of their choice to mentor. One can apply for the fellowship only after the confirmation from the host.
Applicants who have been sponsored earlier by the Humboldt Foundation are not eligible to apply. And applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months immediately prior to the application deadlinecannot apply. However, the last date for application is Sep 15, 2018.
- Only candidates from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA can apply
- Bachelor's or equivalent academic degree should be completed in less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship ( October 1 of the year following application)
- One should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activities.German or English language skills
- A letter of motivation (approximately 2 pages)
- Approximately 3 pages of a project plan and candidates must discuss with their host prior to applying
- A detailed statement, including confirmation of supervision, by the host in Germany
- Two references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate's professional, personal and/or academic background
- Depending on the qualifications, a monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750 awarded
- Financial support will be provided in travel expenses and German language course
- A platform will be provided to meet the representatives of German companies and institutions while taking a study tour
- A lot of extensive support from alumni
Candidates who meet all the prerequisites can visit the Humboldt Foundation's official website to start their application process. The selection processconsists of two steps. Initially, the candidates will be shortlisted based on the submitted documents. And the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview in Bonn.
Last Date To Apply: September 15, 2018