Are you intrigued by the largeness of big data? What is Big Data analytics and why is it so talked about? The basic explanation to this is that amidst the sea of information available on the internet, big data analysis helps in obtaining the relevant information as a statistics for various official purposes. But what more to it and how much will it be useful for your career, a big time? To know the answer for all this, take this online course for free!
Name of the course
Big Data 101
Big Data University and IBM Learning Lab
Key points covered
- What is big data?
- How do we use it?
- Why should we care?
- What is a big data platform?
There is no eligibility for the course. Anybody who is interested in learning can take it up as it is a beginner level course.
Syllabus for Big Data Course
Module 1 - Big Data - Beyond the Hype
Big Data Skills and Sources of Big Data
Big Data Adoption
Module 2 - What is Big Data ?
Characteristics of Big Data - The Four V's
Understanding Big Data with Examples
Module 3 - The Big Data Platform
Key aspects of a Big Data Platform
Governance for Big Data
Module 4 - Five High Value Big Data Use Cases
Overview of High Value Big Data Use Cases
Module 5 - Technical Details of Big Data Components
Text Analytics and Streams
Cloud and Big Data
Any time of the day. The duration of the course is three hours
Number of seats
How to apply
- Go to www.bigdatauniversity.com
- Under the Courses tab, click Our Courses
- A new page with a list of courses will appear
- Click on Big Data course
- On the right top corner, press the button 'Start the Free Course'
- A registration form appears. Click Sign Up link given below the form
- Enter your details and get registered
- You will get notification about the course details and you can start it
Last date of admission