Becoming an Entrepreneur is a free online course conducted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This course helps you to learn the business skills and startup mindset needed to embark on your entrepreneurial path from MIT's entrepreneurship program, MIT Launch.
Becoming an Entrepreneur is an innovation and business course designed for young, aspiring entrepreneurs who want to explore an entrepreneurial path, and overcome some of the initial challenges in taking those first steps.
About the course
Curious about entrepreneurship, but not sure where to start? Learn from MIT's entrepreneurship program, MIT Launch, which is geared toward high school and college students, but applicable to budding entrepreneurs of any age.
In just six weeks, build the mindset and acquire the tools, skills and knowledge to start your own venture.
From developing new business ideas to market research to entrepreneurial strategy and pitching, this course follows MIT's successful approach to entrepreneurship. There will be a combination of short videos, thought-provoking case studies, and activities that will challenge you to get you away from your computer screen and into the community to make a real impact.
No previous business or entrepreneurship experience needed. The course is designed for high school and college students but learners of any age may enroll.
What you'll learn
- Overcoming the top hurdles to starting a company
- Coming up with business ideas
- Performing market research and choosing your target customer
- Developing your positioning and entrepreneurial strategy
- Defining your goals as an entrepreneur and business, plus pitching and selling to customers
For further information about the course and to register, click here.
- Engineering Students can Take Year Break for Entrepreneurship
- Top 10 Colleges for Entrepreneurship in US
- Need for Including Entrepreneurship in Educational Syllabi: Kalam
- Can you be a successful entrepreneur without an MBA?