TUDelft is conducting an online course on " Introduction to Water and Climate". The course explores on how climate change, water availability, and engineering innovation are key challenges for our planet.
About the Course:
The course consists of knowledge clips, movies, exercises, discussion and homework assignments finishes with an examination.
This course combined with the courses "Introduction to Drinking Water Treatment" (new edition to start in January 2016) and "Introduction to the Treatment of Urban Sewage" (new edition to start in April 2016) forms the Water Xseries.
- The different processes of the global water cycle
- The challenges in better understanding and adapting to the impact of climate change on water for the coming 50 years
- The flows of water and sand in different riverine, coastal and ocean systems
- How to identify mechanisms of climate change and explain the interplay of climate change, sea level, clouds, rainfall and future weather
- Why, when and which engineering interventions are needed in rivers, coasts and urban environments
- Why water for food and water for cities are the main challenges in water management and what the possibilities and limitations of reservoirs and groundwater are to improve water availability
Candidate should have knowledge on secondary school (high school) algebra; basic mathematics concepts
- Course Starts on: September 1
- Course Length: 7 weeks
For more details on course, visit the website