Introduction to the mobile application is a free online course offered by MITx, this course helps you to learn, create a novel mobile application from research to design, usability, implementation, and field evaluation.
Interested candidates can enroll for this course on or before 7, March 2017.
About mobile application course?
- How do you design a mobile app that truly changes people's lives?
- How can you understand how a new service is being used, both quantitatively and qualitatively?
- How can you use all of the rich sensing and I/O capabilities of mobile devices to create experiences that go far beyond what's possible on a traditional computer?
- Mobile devices are changing the ways that we interact with each other and information in the world.
- This course will take you from a domain of interest, through generative research, design, usability, implementation and field evaluation of a novel mobile experience.
- And finish the course with a working, field-tested application suitable for release in the app store as well as a deep understanding of human interaction with mobile devices and services.
What will you learn from mobile application course?
- To understand the entire HCI design process, as applied to mobile applications.
- To construct a novel mobile application and assess its use in daily life for two weeks.
- To prepare and evaluate three different types of HCI research studies (generative, usability, and field studies), related to the topic of your application.
- To identify and discuss papers from the CHI research community and design and compose your own CHI-style paper.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 10 weeks
- Effort: 10-12 hours per week
- Price: Free
- Institution: MITx
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English
For further information & to register click here: