Introduction to the medicinal chemistry course is a free online course offered by Davidson college, this course opens with a brief history of drug discovery and introduces the modern drug approval process.
This course is offered through a collaboration between DavidsonX and the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research.
About medicinal chemistry course?
- Medicinal chemistry course explores how chemists modify a molecule's structure to design a safe and effective drug.
- This course opens with a brief history of drug discovery and introduces the modern drug approval process. Then, the transition to learning about receptors and enzymes, the body's molecules most often targeted by drugs.
- Also discuss the topics of pharmacokinetics (drug adsorption, elimination, and half-life) and metabolism.
- The course closes with units on how potential drug molecules are identified and subsequently optimized into safe and effective drugs.
Interested candidates can enroll for this online course on or before 13, March 2017.
What are the topics covered in medicinal chemistry course?
- Pre-Regulatory Medicine and the Drug Approval Process.
- Drug Targets.
- Binding, Structure, and Diversity.
- Lead Discovery.
- Lead Optimization.
What will you learn from medicinal chemistry course?
- How to measure the activity of enzymes and receptors.
- Methods for modeling a drug's half-life.
- How to predict and alter the metabolism of a molecule.
- Techniques for discovering molecules with desired biological activity.
- Approaches for optimizing a molecule into a safe and effective drug.
Duration of the medicinal chemistry course?
- Length: 7 weeks
- Effort: 6-8 hours per week
- Price: Free
- Institution: DavidsonX
- Subject: Chemistry
- Level: Intermediate
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English
For further information & to register click here: