Online Course On Introduction to Astrophysics is offered by the EPFLx, which helps you to learn Astrophysics division studies the universe. The Astrophysics divisions are breathtaking.
To know more about Astrophysics online course enroll on or before by April 1, 2017.
About the introduction to Astrophysics course?
- How can we study the Universe we live in by using the only available information it provides us with: light?
- This course provides an outline of the physical phenomena at play in the astronomical objects surrounding us, from planets and stars to the cosmic filaments, from galaxies such as our own Milky Way to large galaxy clusters.
- The course makes much of the links between theoretical predictions and observations.
- In this course, you will learn the basics of astrophysics using simplified mathematical developments.
- In particular, you will learn the role played by gravity in astrophysics, including gravitational lensing, and how matter and radiation interact.
- The material in this course is essential to follow more advanced astrophysics courses.
What is learned in Astrophysics?
- Influence of gravity on celestial bodies.
- Matter-radiation interactions.
- Star formation and evolution.
- Basics of cosmology.
Duration of the introduction to Astrophysics course?
- Length: 7 weeks
- Effort: 2-4 hours per week
- Institution: EPFLx
- Subject: Science
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price: Free Add a verified certificate for $50
- Level: Introductory
- Physics and Maths (1st year of bachelor):
- Derivatives and Taylor expansions
- Integral calculus
- 1st order differential equations
For further information and to register, click here https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-astrophysics-epflx-phys-209-enx