Introduction to Forest Biometry is a free online course offered by Indian Institute of Technology - Kanpur. This online course will provide an overview of the methods of measuring the tree resources present in the forest.
Interested candidates can enrol for this online course before October 13, 2017.
About this course:
- IIT Kanpur is offering Forest Biometry online course. The course will not only focus on the theories of measurement but shall also provide an overview of the instrumentation basics of various types of equipment used for the purpose.
- Forest Biometry forms the foundation for the preparation of working plans that are technical documents for the working of any forest in India.
Who is the intended audience?
- Officers and staff of Forest departments, Students of Forestry, Students of Agriculture, Policy makers.
- Candidates who have cleared 10+2 with science
Industries that will recognize this course:
- Green energy industries, Renewable energy/materials industry, Biofuel industries, Paper and pulp manufacturing industries, Plywood industries, Agroforestry industries.
Duration of the course:
|Learning Path||Post graduate|
|Course Length||24 Hours|
|Weekly time commitments||48 Hours|
|Start Date||August 21, 2017|
|End Date||October 13, 2017|
For more information & to enroll, click here