Introduction to data structure course is a free online course offered by IITx Bombay, this course enables to understand data structures which provide a means to manage large amounts of data for use in databases and internet indexing services.
IIT Bombay, established in 1958, has emerged as a leading Institute in India. It is globally recognized for its quality education and strong research programs. Admissions are made through national competitive entrance examinations, considered to be the toughest in India.
Its residential campus is home to over 8000 students, 500 faculty members, 14 departments, 6 centers, and 3 interdisciplinary programs.
The research program in Education Technology attempts to evolve the most effective learning-teaching processes. The Centre for Distance Engineering Education Program (C-DEEP), handles much of the outreach activities. Several national mission projects are handled by the Institute.
Training is offered to teachers on a large scale - up to 10,000 teachers at a time - using a unique blended mode. Other activities include creation of web/video courses, spoken tutorials, educational animations, design and development of educational robots, educational content and applications on low-cost Aakash tablets, learning environments in the field of design, and FOSSEE.
IITx Bombay will offer some of our popular and important courses to global participants.
Interested candidates can enroll for this course on or before 21, February 2017.
What is data structure course?
- Data structures provide a means to manage large amounts of data for use in databases and internet indexing services.
- In this Computer Science course, you will start by learning basic data types, such as numbers, and gradually build a conceptual framework for organizing and managing efficient structures.
- Efficient data structures are key for designing efficient algorithms and obtaining maintainable software design.
What are the topics covered in the data structure course?
- Basic Data Types
- Notion of an Abstract Data Type
- Mathematical Properties of Sequences
- Special Types of Sequences: Stacks, Queues, Strings
- Implementation of Sequence Type: Arrays and Linked Lists
- Sets and Maps
Data structure course is a part of?
- Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries Program.
- Programming Basics.
- Object-Oriented Programming.
- Implementation of Data Structures.
What will you learn from data structure course?
- Various data structures.
- How to organize data efficiently.
- How to use appropriate data structures for representing, organizing and manipulating data.
- How to create data structures using basic programming.
Duration of the data structure course?
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 8 hours per week
- Price: Free
- Institution: IITx Bombay
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English