National Institute of Technology, Goa invites applications for a short-term certificate course on Pattern Analysis and Information Security which is scheduled to be held between 30 June to 4 July, 2014. This course is being organised by the Computer Science and Engineering department of the college.
The primary objective of this short-term certificate course is to provide insights into different challenges in Pattern Analysis and Information Security. The course structure is designed so as to motivate the research scholars, students, faculty members and industry people towards the fertile areas of Pattern Recognition and Information Security. This course will also provide knowledge about latest innovations in these fields.
The course is expected to cover the following topics:
- Introduction to pattern analysis
- Bayes decision theory
- Parametric density estimation
- Gaussian mixture model
- Sequential pattern classification: Hidden Markov model
- Non-parametric methods for density estimation
- Methods for dimensionality reduction
- Non-metric methods for pattern classification: Decision trees, Classification & regression trees (CART)
- Discriminant analysis techniques
- Regression/ Function approximation
- Pattern Clustering
- Number theory fundamentals
- Foundations of cryptography
- Cryptographic protocols and Provable security framework
- Threshold cryptography for fault tolerant systems
- Cloud computing security
- Key management
- Network and system security
Applications are expected from research scholars, post-graduate students, faculty members, industry persons.
The registration fee is INR 6000 for faculty members and industry persons, INR 5000 for research scholars and INR 3000 for PG/UG students.
The last date for registration for this course is 20th June 2014.