Introduction to Cyber Security is an online course offered by IEEEx, in this course you will learn to build a comprehensive security plan that integrates people, processes, and technology, and how to begin protecting yourself and your information.
IEEEx is the world's largest professional organization dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
Interested candidates can enroll for this online course on or before April 19, 2017.
About this course?
- Our daily lives, economic vitality, and national security all revolve around technology.
- Our dependence on technology means we need a stable, safe, and resilient cyberspace.
- However, computers and networks are being misused at a growing rate both by cyber criminals and by our own employees.
- In this computer science course, you will learn the fundamentals of cyber security and basic threats.
- You will also learn to build a comprehensive security plan that integrates people, processes, and technology, and how to begin protecting yourself and your information.
- You will be exposed to areas of personal and physical security, best practices for using our computers and mobile devices, and how we protect our privacy and secure our devices and networks against attacks.
- We will examine cybersecurity standards, laws, and ethical issues, the impact of cyber terrorism, how governments use technology and computer systems to defend and attack adversaries, and the effect this has on privacy and individual liberties.
- We will also explore why IT administrators and cybersecurity professionals need to demonstrate adherence to ethical principles.
- Finally, we will look at the important areas of data breach planning and business continuity, both of which are critical to the long-term viability of an organization.
- This course will also focus on the types of careers within the cyber security field and how you can enhance your career through professional certifications.
- No prior knowledge or skills are required except for basic computer literacy.
What is learned?
- Types of cyber attacks and how to fight them
- Basics of physical, computer, application, network, mobile, wireless, and web security.
- Types of cyber security certifications and careers.
- Cyber security standards and laws.
- Data breach and business continuity plans.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 10 weeks
- Effort: 2-3 hours per week
- Price: $119
- Institution: IEEEx
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
For more information, visit the official site: https://www.edx.org/course/cyber-security-protecting-yourself-data-ieeex-cs01-x