The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched a free online course on Remote Sensing and GIS applications in natural resource management that will be finished in 12 days. The course will cover the use of remote sensing and geographic information system applications in agriculture and soil, geoscience and geo-hazards, forestry and ecology, marine and atmospheric sciences, water resources, and urban and regional studies, and will be led by ISRO's Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS).
Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of any year, as well as technical or scientific professionals of the central or state governments, professors, and researchers at universities or institutions, can take the course. ISRO certificates will be provided to participants who have a 70% attendance rate and a 40% passing rate. The ISRO course will take place from November 8 to November 26, 2021. The Indian Space Research Organization, Department of Space, Government of India, is sponsoring the course.
ISRO Free Online Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System Course: Topics
The ISRO free online course on remote sensing and geographic information systems will cover the following topics:
- Applications of Remote Sensing & other Geospatial Technologies in Natural Resources Management, Development & Governance
- Remote Sensing and GIS applications for Crop Resource Assessment and Monitoring
- RS & GIS for Coastal Zone Management
- Remote Sensing Applications for Geological studies
- Space-enabled Products & Services for Disaster Management :Indian Initiatives
- RS & GIS Application in Urban & Regional Planning
- Remote Sensing Application to Atmospheric & Marine Environment
- RS & GIS Applications in Forestry and Ecology
- RS & GIS Applications to Water Resources Management
- Geospatial Technology for climate change studies
- RS and GIS Applications in Soil Resource Management
- Panel Discussion Module-3
ISRO Free Online Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System Course: How To Apply
Candidates who are eligible and interested in the course can apply on the official website at elearning.iirs.gov.in. If the institute of the candidate is not registered in the IIRS Outreach network, participants can register utilising the Individual registration option by selecting the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun as the nodal location. Lecture slides, open source software, video-recorded lectures, demonstration handouts, and other course study materials can be accessed via e-class.