Introduction to Business Strategy is a free, online course by the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. In course, takers will be able to learn how a manager or CEO develops a business strategy, including analyzing the market and creating competitive advantage.
About this course
In this business and management course, you will develop a strong understanding of how firms compete by learning about important analytical approaches that underlie business strategy.
This course will show you how a business views itself in its "totality" and in the context of its environment. The course will be taught from the perspective of a manager or chief executive officer (CEO).
This course aims to equip you with a good understanding of:
- What managing a firm strategically implies?
- How one analyzes the industry in which a firm competes?
- How does a firm create competitive advantage?
- How does a firm sustain its competitive advantage?
- This course is part of the Fundamentals of Business Management XSeries.
What you'll learn
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Resource and competency analysis
- Analysing strategy across corporate and business levels
- Week 1: Introduction to Strategic Management
- Week 2: Analyzing the External Environment
- Week 3: Analyzing the Internal Environment
- Week 4: Competitive Positioning
- Week 5: Managing the Multi-business Firm
Course Begins: Quarter 3, 2016
Course Length: 5 weeks
For further information and to register to this course, click here.
For the complete Fundamentals of Business Management XSeries, click here.