University of Maryland is offering free online course in Entrepreneurship: Launching an Innovative Business Specialization. The course explores students to identify opportunities based on real customer needs and go ahead to create a successful company.
About the course:
This course assists aspiring entrepreneurs to develop great ideas into great companies. Using proven content, methods, and models for new venture opportunity assessment and analysis, students will learn how to enhance their entrepreneurial mindset and develop their functional skill sets to see and act.
The initial steps to create a business plan are examined as well. Our goal is to demystify the startup process, and enables you build skills to identify and act on innovative opportunities in the future.
The course also offers students to experience ideas and techniques explored in the University of Maryland's Online Master of Technology Entrepreneurship.
- What is entrepreneurship?
- Who is an entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation
- The world's most innovative companies
- Types of innovations
- Entrepreneurs and strategic decisions
- The opportunity analysis canvas
Entrepreneurial mindset, motivations and behaviors
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Entrepreneurial motivations
- Entrepreneurial behaviours
- Risk taking in entrepreneurial decision-making
- Risk, uncertainty, and stakeholder involvement
Entrepreneurial mindset, motivations and behaviours
- Knowledge conditions
- Demand conditions
- Industry life cycle
- Industry structure
- Competitive advantage
- Learning curve
- Complementary assets
- Reputation effects
Customer understanding and business models
- Macro changes that increase new venture opportunities
- Exploring and satisfying real market needs
- Strategic positioning and planning
- Value innovation
- Opportunity identification
- Business modelling
- Business planning
- Candidates who are interested in learning about innovative idea generation and new venture creation.
- Background in business or any specific area is not mandatory.
- A desire to build knowledge and capabilities.
Starts on : March 16
Course period: 4 weeks