IIT Roorkee invites applications for its short term course on 'Fundamentals and Applications of Structural Equations Modeling' for the academic year 2014. Students can register themselves by visiting the official website of the IITR.
The structural equation modeling (SEM) combines elements of regression analysis and factor analysis and allows testing of complex casual relationship that are not possible through traditional multivariate approaches. This short term programme serves as an introduction to structural equation modeling using SPSS and AMOS softwares. It will cover topics such as exploratory factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis (and related topics such as reliability /validity), second-order factor models, and latent variable path analysis. It also includes discussions on mediation analysis, issues and diagnostic problems with SEM, in addition to guidelines on reporting the SEM results. The programme is designed with an intention to familiarise participants with SEM using AMOS software through demonstrated examples and hands-on exercises.
Topics to be covered:
- Basic understanding of structural equation modeling (SEM)- as applied in the management and social science research.
- Principles and practice of SEM using AMOS graphics.
- Exploratory factor analysis, validity and reliability, confirmatory factor analysis and measurement models.
- Model fit statistics, modification indices and second-order factor models
- Discussion of the hands-on exercise
- Testing of alternative models and path models
- Mediation analysis, discussion of issues such as missing data, under-estimation and over-estimation and assessing model fit and others
- Diagnosis of problems and reporting of SEM results in manuscripts
- Corporate participants Rs. 10500
- Academicians/ faculty/ research scholars of other institutes Rs. 8000
- Research scholars of the IITR without boarding and lodging Rs 5000
- Last date for receiving of application Form: 20th May, 2014
- Confirmation of participation to the course: 22nd May, 2014
- Course starts on: 24th May, 2014
- Course ends on: 25th May, 2014
For more details, click here.