IIT Kharagpur invites applications for its short term course on 'Advanced DSP Design Techniques' for the academic year 2014. This course is run by the Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering of IITKgp. Students can apply online by logging on to the official website of IITKgp.
The course aims at providing a comprehensive coverage of techniques for designing efficient VLSI architectures for DSP. Towards this, architectural optimisation both at block level as well as at logic level will be considered.
Topics to be covered:
- Graphical representation of DSP algorithms
- Retiming for throughput maximization
- Pipelined and parallel filter structures
- Bit serial digital filters
- Distributed arithmetic and multiplierless realisation of digital filters
- redundant arithmetic
- DSP architectures: datapath and control
- Speed power area accuracy tradeoff
- Synchronous vs. asynch designs
- Memory bandwidth management
- DSP for embedded applications
Subject to the availability of adequate resources, the course will try to demonstrate digital design flow on Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), where the following modules are likely to be covered:
1. Behavioural and structural description for design representation and design entry.
2. Validation through functional simulation.
3. Partitioning, placement and routing.
4. Post routing simulation for performance analysis.
5. FPGA specific structural optimisation with respect to speed and area.
6. Configuration bitstream generation for actual implementation on FPGA.
How to apply:
Interested candidate can apply with the registration fee, paid through a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur' and payable at Kharagpur. The number of seats is limited and thus candidates are advised to register early.
- Rs. 9500 for teachers from universities/ colleges.
- Rs. 17000 for people from industry.
- Rs. 7500 for students/ research scholars.
- Last date to apply: 20th May, 2014
- Course starts on: 10th June, 2014
- Course ends: 14th June, 2014
In order to apply, click here.