IIT Kharagpur, invites application for its short term course on Cryogenic Technology. In order to get enrolled, students can log on to the official website of IIT Kharagpur. Cryogenic technology deals with production, maintenance and applications of low temperature, typically below -150˚C. With the advancement of technology and growth of human knowledge, cryogenics is gaining more relevance in all spheres of social milieu. Today cryogenic technology is applied in medical, biological and food preservation processes as well as in futuristic technology like fusion reactors for power generation and deep space probe.
Eligibility of the Candidates:
Minimum requirement for educational qualification is any one of the following:
- B. Tech in any branch of engineering
- M. Sc in physics
Venue of Lectures:
Visveswaraya Guest House Lecture Room
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721302
Classes will start from 17-21 February , 2014 (Monday - Friday)
- The candidate should bring a scientific calculator to the classroom without fail.
- The Candidate should provide a photocopy of the brochure to the prospective participant as soon as he/ she is nominated by the organisation and he/ she should contact the coordinator directly via email.
Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp. There will be breaks for lunch and coffee. Classes will end at 6:00 p.m. Total contact period is 40 hrs.
- A fixed number of participants would be accommodated into this course on first-pay-first-serve basis. For participants form within India, the course fee is INR 28,150/- (Indian Rupees Twenty eight thousand one hundred and fifty only including service tax of 12.6%). For faculty of Engineering College and University, a discount of Rs. 5000/- would be applicable. The course fee may be sent as demand draft on any bank at Kharagpur or at par cheque in favour of ‘CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur' in full.
- For participants coming from outside India, course fee is US $ 900.
For more details click here.