IIT Kharagpur invites applications for its short term course on 'Computational Systems Biology' for the academic year 2014. Interested candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of IITKgp.
This short course is aimed at the students as well as the professionals working either in industry or in academics who are interested to build a career in the interdisciplinary domain of computational systems biology. Participants from diverse backgrounds like science, engineering and mathematics will get an exposure of the cutting edge research on this emerging area. In this short course the participants will get enough motivation and unsolved novel challenges carefully designed to shorten the gap between biology and mathematics/engineering. Adequate background material will be provided such that the participant can cope up with the diversity.
Topics to be covered:
Algorithms for Systems Biology, Cellular Dynamics Modeling, Drug (intervention) Design, Bio-molecular Interactions, Structural Biology, Stochastic Modeling, Non-linear Control Applications, Cancer Biology.
- For students: Rs. 8,000/-
- For others: Rs. 10,000/-
- Registration cost includes study materials only.
- Group of students with at least five members from one institute can get per person discount of 1,000/-. To avail that please get the necessary permission from IITKgp prior to their registration. Otherwise, such cases will not be considered.
- To register:
A candidate needs to make a demand draft (DD) in favour of 'CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur', payable at Kharagpur.
A canididate needs to fill up the participation registration form.
He needs to mail the filled up form and the demand draft to:
Dr. Pralay Mitra
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
PIN - 721302
- Last date to apply: 20th March, 2014
- Course starts on: 31st March, 2014
- Course ends on: 4th April, 2014
For more details, click here