IIT Kanpur invites applications for its short term course on 'Sytems Engineering' for the academic year 2014. The Programme will be specifically useful for persons who are concerned with
training/ teaching, research and industrial application. The course is also designed to cater the needs of scientist from R and D labs and
practicing engineers from industry. Eligible candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of IIT Kanpur.
Systems Engineering is an inter-disciplinary approach and means to enable the realisation of successful systems. It focuses on defining customer needs and required functionally early in the development cycle documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering
the complete problem including operations, performance, test, manufacturing, cost and schedule. This course emphasises the links of systems engineering to fundamentals of decision theory and statistics.
Systems Engineering is an evolving discipline that applies an inter-disciplinary problem solving approach across the entire technical effort whether military, industrial commercial or civil systems and system of systems. The discipline is mandated on all military and civil programmes.
Topics to be covered:
- Systems Engineering Theory
- Perspective of systems
- System Types and System Architecture
- Value of Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineering Process & Life Cycle Models
- Systems Engineering Standards Approach
- The Systems Approach
- General Problem Statement
- Requirements & Functional Analysis
- Capability Documents & Specifications
- Synthesis & Architecting
- Systems Analysis Costing
- Systems Affordability
- Value Analysis & Engineering
- Verification, Validation and Test
- Hands on Product Realization
- Integration & Transition Interface Analysis
- Design for specialties, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Interoperability, Manufacturability, Sustainability
- Last date to apply for teachers: 15th March, 2014
- Last date to apply for participants from the industry: 20th March, 2014
- Course starts on: 24th March, 2014
- Course ends on: 28th March, 2014
For more details, click here.