IIT Indore, invites applications for its short term course on 'Mechatronics, Mems and Micro-Fabrication' for the academic year 2014. Students can apply online by going on to the official website of IITI.
Micro electromechanical systems (MEMS) present a unique platform where both electrical and mechanical components are fabricated on a single wafer. There have been many developments in the last few decades towards the design, fabrication and commercialisation of
MEMS and NEMS based sensors. Some of the fastest growing areas which utilise different MEMS sensors and actuators are entertainment industries, consumer electronics, medical, defense, space industries etc.
Mechatronics is a multi disciplinary field of engineering. Mechatronics and Micro-fabrication are basic foundation for the development one of the important outcomes of the field is that it is catching up the attention of various scientists either working in the MEMS related area or not. Keeping the interest of serious researchers, faculties, and employees of different institutions, R&D labs and companies across the country, IITI has designed a unique program on Mechatronics, MEMS and which cover fundamentals of design, fabrication, and packaging of a complete MEMS device.
Topics to be covered:
- Sensors and Actuators
- Pneumatic system design
- Mechanical system modelling
- Micro fluidic-system Design
- Bio-MEMS & Lab on chips
- Signal processing and analysis of MEMS device
- Opto Mechatronics
- Nanoscale Memory devices
- Micro/ Nano fabrication
- Bio/ Chemical Sensors
- Soft material based opto-electronic sensors
- Device characterization techniques
- Students/Research scholars: Rs 3500 per participant
- Academic and Govt Research organisation: Rs 7000 per participant
- For Industry: Rs 12,000 per participant
How to apply:
- Applications in the prescribed format along with fees ( in case of online payment please enclose the online transfer receipt) and sponsorship certificate should reach the coordinator.
- The selected participants will be informed through email.
- The fees should be paid by a crossed demand draft drawn in favor of "The Registrar, IIT Indore", payable at Indore.
Last date for applying: 31st May, 2014
For more details, click here