IIT Indore, invites applications for its short term course on 'Bearing and Gear Fault Diagnosis' for the academic year 2014. This programme is run by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of IIT Indore. Eligible students can apply online by logging on to the official website of IIT Indore.
Bearings and gears are one of the most important mechanical elements. The demand is increasing day by day for increasing the load carrying capacity, enhancing the performance and service life of the bearing and gears. Failure of these elements causes huge monitory losses. Fault diagnosis of bearings and gears can help in preventing the catastrophic failure of these elements, thereby saving down-time and monitory losses. Noise and vibration monitoring are the two most widely used techniques for fault diagnosis of bearing and gears. Acoustic emission, wear debris analysis, thermography etc. are some other techniques for bearing and gear fault diagnosis. Various soft computing techniques like artificial neural network, support vect or machine etc. are very useful in fault classification. This short term course is aimed at providing the sound fundamental knowledge to the participants on above-mentioned various aspects of bearing and gear fault diagnosis. Participants will be given an opportunity to explore some of the state-of-art equipments and facilities available at IIT Indore in the field of fault diagnosis.
Topics to be covered:
- Basics of Vibration
- Basics of Noise
- Basics of Acoustic Emission, Wear Debris Analysis and Thermography.
- Measurement of Noise and Vibration
- Frequency Analysis (Detection and classification of faults).
- Analysis of bearing vibration signals.
- Analysis of gear vibration signals.
- Use of ANN, SVM, GA for bearing and gear fault classification.
Who can attend:
- Condition monitoring Engineer/ Manager/ Supervisors.
- Maintenance Engineer/ Manager/ Supervisor.
- Electrical Engineer/ Manager/ Supervisor.
- Professionals working in R & D organisations.
- Faculty from Engineering/ Polytechnic colleges.
- Research scholars, post graduate and undergraduate students working in the field of noise, vibration and condition monitoring.
- For industry personnel: Rs. 20,000
- For faculty members: Rs. 12,000
- For students: Rs. 8,000
- Last date of sending registration form along with the course fee: 10th March, 2014
- Web release of the selected participants: 15th March, 2014
For more details, click here.