Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar offers short term course on Soil-Structure Interaction: Computer Applications and Material Models, commencing in the session January 2014.
The aim of the course is to provide the participants an understanding of effectively simulating the soil-structure interaction problems using computer applications and realistic material models. At the end of the course, the participants are expected to have fair understanding of:
- Basics of Finite Difference and Finite Element Analysis.
- Realistic material models for structural materials, soils and interfaces / joints.
- Modeling of engineering systems and Soil-Structure Interaction (SSI) using computer methods for a number of practical problems in geotechnical engineering.
Who can apply:
- Civil Engineers engaged in design and construction of structures.
- Senior professionals responsible for directing these activities.
- Students, Teachers and Researchers.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate.
The course will be conducted at IIT Gandhinagar premises in Ahmedabad.
The course fee is Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only) per participant. It includes course material, lunch, and tea breaks. The fee is payable in advance by a crossed draft in favor of " Course on SSI, IIT Gandhinagar", should be payable at Ahmedabad, or via online transfer at the account details given in registration form.
How to apply:
Dr. Amit Prashant,
Coordinator for Course on SSI,
Indian Institute of Technology,
Gandhinagar VGEC Complex,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 382424.
Fax: 079-23972586; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .