IIMBx is offering an online course on Introduction to Operations Management. The objective of course is to understand key aspects of business operations and lean management including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
About the Course:
The course helps you to understand the role of Operation Management in a firm and develop abilities to structure and solve operations related problems. The course will empower you with skills to address aspects of business operations including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
You will also understand how operations in an organization are configured and factors that can potentially drive the complexity of managing such operations.
The course equip you with the right tools, techniques and skills to estimate, compute, analyze and configure key elements of operations management.
- Identify an operations system with some known standard configurations
- Make an assessment of the complexity of an operations system
- Compute cycle times for operations and estimate capacity of the system
- Understand the various components of a supply chain and the need to configure them appropriately
- Identify methods for reducing bullwhip effect in supply chains
- Understand and relate the concept of Lean Management to one's own business situation
- Initiate process & productivity improvement using NVA Analysis
- Use specific tools and techniques to analyze quality problems
- Monitor a process using control charts
Candidate should have basic knowledge in statistics such as Mean and Standard Deviation
- Course starts on: August 18
- Course length: 7 weeks
For more information on course, visit the website