HTML5 Part 1: HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices is a free, online course conducted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop Web standards and guidelines designed to ensure long-term growth for the Web.
About the course
In this course, you will learn about HTML5 and core Web technologies directly from the organization creating them! Learn to code Web pages and Web sites the right way.
HTML5 is the standard language of the Web, developed by the World Wide Web Consortium, also known as W3C. HTML5 is and will continue to be the essential technology for organizations delivering applications across multiple platforms.
In this course, you will learn all the new features that were introduced with HTML5 to help create great Web sites and applications, in a simplified but powerful way.
What you'll learn
In this course, you will:
- Learn the new simplified HTML5 tags, and how to use microdata
- Play with the audio and video tags
- Draw and animate fun Web graphics
- Discover the newest HTML5 forms
- Understand why accessibility is important
- Test the basic APIs, such as Web storage and geolocation
- Practice coding techniques thanks to multiple interactive examples
- October 5, 2015
- 6 weeks
For further information and to register, click here.