Mt. San Jacinto College (MSJC) is offering an online course called "Crafting an Effective Writer: Tools of the Trade". It is a 5-week-long course.
About the Course:
Learn to become an effective builder of sentences using the basic tools of grammar, punctuation, and writing. By dedicating yourself to the craft of writing, you will learn to use the eight parts of speech and grammar to develop the four basic sentence types into a well-organised, detailed paragraph. This course is designed for anyone who wants to become a better writer. If you need to write more clearly for work, prepare for a placement test for a college, or improve your skills for current writing projects, this class will definitely be beneficial. Please be aware that basic writers are the targeted audience for this course.
- Students will be able to identify and correct some sentence level grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Students will be able to develop four sentence types: simple, compound, complex and compound-complex.
- Students will be able to recognise and use all four sentence types.
- Students will be able to develop a clear topic sentence.
- Students will be able to write a well-organized, detailed paragraph.
Lawrence (Larry) Barkley, Ted Blake and Lorrie Ross will be the course instructors.
The course will have a work load of 4-5 hours of work / week.
It will be taught in English and subtitles will be available in English and Chinese.
For further details click here