Tsinghua University is conducting an online course on 'Learn the basics of geology and geological engineering'. The course explores ways to both protect and properly utilize the earth's resources today and in the future.
About the Course:
This course will introduce the basic knowledge of geology and methods of engineering geology to help people protect and utilize our earth more effectively.
This geology course consists of two sections: basic geology and engineering geology. The basic geology section includes: formation and evolution of the earth, common rocks and minerals, internal and external dynamic geological process, geological ages, geological structures, geological maps and other basic knowledge of the earth's geology.
The engineering geology section includes engineering geological natures of groundwater, rock and soil, stability analysis of slope, surrounding rock of underground cavern and rock foundation, geological analysis of reservoir project and some field investigation methods and techniques etc.
Geology and Geological Engineering are two of the most important basic subjects that underpin engineering specialties, such as hydraulic engineering, geotechnical engineering and geological engineering.
- How the development of human civilization and geology are inextricable linked
- How to protect the Earth, and also effectively utilize natural resources
- The formation and evolution of the earth
- An understanding of Geology Engineering, including natures of groundwater
- Basic knowledge of the earth's geology
- Geological field investigation methods and techniques
No prerequisite is required. Anyone with an interest in learning how to protect and continue to reshape our planet can enroll for the course.
- Course Starts on: September 11
- Course Length: 11 weeks
For more details on the course visit the website