Music is a magical gift we must nourish and cultivate ourselves and in our children; a gift which keeps on giving throughout our lifetime. Hindustani Music is one of the oldest musical traditions of the world and is interwoven into the rich fabric of our society.
Shankar Mahadevan Academy's Hindustani Vocal certificate program provides a unique opportunity for students anywhere in the world to learn from the convenience of their home.
Whatever be your age or level of expertise, the academy has a course that will help you take huge steps forward in developing your Hindustani Music vocal skills.
Prior learning - 1+yrs learning
Classical music is the base for any kind of music we learn or listen to. The Joy of Singing program is designed for Classical music lovers who want to celebrate the joy of learning music without having to worry about grades, certification etc . This series of courses in Hindustani Vocal brings the whole idea of practicing singing without the various complexities and rigidity of a typical classical music curriculum. In the first set of courses in this series, students will get to explore the magic of Ragas without too much emphasis on theory. The basic idea behind these courses is to enjoy the flavor of classical music by learning various compositions. It helps you to bridge the gap between actual singing and understanding the technicalities that come along with that. This series of music is full of fun but in a structured format. The main aim is to simplify the complicated Khayal Gayaki and learn to appreciate and enjoy Hindustani Classical music in its various forms.
Voice Gym - AE761
Building and maintaining a budding or experienced singer's voice is akin to maintaining the wellness of their body. This course works on teaching the basic functioning and mechanics of voice production and using a singer's voice to its optimal capacity. Various techniques are taught to sing from the abdomen versus singing from the throat, which is detrimental in the long run. Deep breathing exercises and related techniques help in achieving these goals. Each session will consist of warm up exercises, breathing exercises, and lessons combining breathing and singing. The course begins with basic notes and progress to actual singing and as the course progresses the student will be guided to use their voice effectively, to be able to sing to their best potential, without causing any damage or injury to the vocal mechanisms. If students have any voice or speech issues, these will be addressed during the course with personalized exercises.
- One 45 min online class every week for 12 weeks from the convenience of your own home
- Separate adult and kid batches
- Maximum batch size of 3 for courses till 203 with option to upgrade to single student batch at the time of enrollment. From course 204 onwards all courses have single student in class.
- Learning beyond the class hours. You can practice and re-enforce your learning anytime anywhere using OMBook, a unique self-learning tool
- You can submit your practice recordings and assignments for in-depth audio feedback from your teacher.
- You will have access to your class recordings.
- You will get a grade and certificate at the end of course
- You can share your audio recordings with the academy community and your friends in facebook
- Available on smartphones, tablets and Windows 8 systems (IOS, Android & Windows 8 platforms)
In order to get enrolled click here.