Microsoft offers an online course on 'Explore data analysis and visualization in Excel'. The course explores the cloud benefits of Power BI, and Power Pivot, pivot tables, and tools previously known as Power Query.
About the course:
The course gets an introduction to the latest versions of these new tools in Excel 2016. See how to import data from different sources, create mashups between data sources, and prepare the data for analysis. After preparing the data, learn about how business calculations-from simple to more advanced-can be expressed using the DAX calculation engine. And see how these different technologies work together inside Excel. Learn how the data can be visualized and shared to the Power BI cloud service, after which it can be used in dashboards, queried using plain English sentences, and consumed on mobile devices.
The Course also focuses on How to gather and transform data from multiple sources, How to discover and combine data in data mash ups, About creating data models and exploration, analysis and visualization of data.
- Setup the lab environment by installing Office applications.
- Learn how to perform data analysis in Excel using classic tools, such as pivot tables, pivot charts, and slicers, on data that is already in a worksheet / grid data.
- Explore an Excel data model, its content, and its structure, using the Power Pivot add-in. Create your first DAX expressions for calculated columns and measures.
- Learn about queries (Power Query add-in in Excel 2013 and Excel 2010), and build an Excel data model from a single flat table.
- Learn how to import multiple tables from a SQL database, and create an Excel data model from the imported data.
- Create a mash-up between data from text-files and data from a SQL database.
- Get the details on how to create measures to calculate for each cell, filter context for calculation, and explore several advanced DAX functions.
- Find out how to use advanced text query to import data from a formatted Excel report. Perform queries beyond the standard user interface.
- Explore ways to create stunning visualizations in Excel. Use the cube functions to perform year-over-year comparisons.
- Create timelines, hierarchies, and slicers to enhance your visualizations. Learn how Excel can work together with Power BI.
- Upload an Excel workbook to the Power BI service. Explore the use of Excel on the mobile platform.
Candidate should have an understanding of Excel analytic tools such as tables, pivot tables and pivot charts. Experience in working with data from databases and also from text files will be helpful.
- Course Starts on: 29 September
- Course Length: 4 weeks
For more information visit the website