A career in a biobased industry such as bio-chemical industry, agrifood water companies, energy producers, logistics would be niche as well as unique. Wageningen University is offering a set of six courses packaged in a program covering Business & Management, Social Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Science and Chemistry for students and professionals.
Name of the course:
Biobased Sciences for Sustainability
Wageningen University and Research
Key points covered:
- Challenges of switching from a fossil fuel based economy to a biobased economy
- Identifying suitable raw materials and create valuable new products
- Refining biomass without damaging its valuable components.
- Performing a functional analysis of potential methods that can be used for refining a resource.
- Efficiently converting biobased feedstocks into desired products
- Evaluating technological, ethical, societal and economic consequences in the production of biobased products
- Judging new innovations on their sustainability and business merits
- Applying the circular economy principles to a process or product chain
- At least a BSc degree or equivalent in a field closely related to the chosen MSc programme
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for the relevant BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade
- Proof of English proficiency by an IELTS with an overall grade 6.0 and with a minimum sub-score of 6.0 for speaking
$199 per course
January 24, March 28, May 30, September 5, October 24 and December 5 respectively
Number of seats:
How to apply:
Last date of admission: