Introduction to Robotics course is a free online course from Columbia University, this course helps you to learn the core techniques for representing robots that perform physical tasks in the real world.
Interested candidates can enroll in this online course on or before April 10, 2017.
About Robotics course?
- We think of Robotics as the science of building devices that physically interact with their environment.
- The most useful robots do it precisely, powerfully, repeatedly, tirelessly, fast, or some combinations of these. The most interesting robots maybe even do it intelligently.
- This course will cover the fundamentals of robotics, focusing on both the mind and the body.
What is learned in Robotics course?
Candidates can learn to:
- Represent 2D and 3D spatial relationships, homogeneous coordinates.
- Manipulate robot arms: kinematic chains, forward and inverse kinematics, differential kinematics.
- Program and navigate mobile robots: robot and map representations, motion planning.
- Plan complete robot systems.
- Develop present and future applications for robots.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 12 weeks
- Effort: 8- 10 hours per week
- Price: Free. Add a Verified Certificate for $300
- Institution: ColumbiaX
- Subject: Engineering
- Level: Advanced
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English
For further information & to register visit the official website.