For those in the business industry, project management is an essential technique to learn in order to be diligent and efficient. Rochester Institute of Technology is offering a sequence of three courses on project management to help candidates gain expertise on the topic.
The set of courses is worth a semester. It would be completed with a final capstone exam before a paid certificate is procured by the applicant.
What is Project Management?
According to Merriam Webster, project management is a planned piece of work that has a specific purpose (such as to find information or to make something new) and that usually requires a lot of time.
Name of the course: Project Management
Organiser: Rochester Institute of Technology
Key points covered:
- Effective tools to apply the project management life cycle from initiation through closing
- Application of the project management tradeoffs of time, cost and scope to meet customer needs.
- Understanding best practices for project management across a range of industries and businesses.
- Leadership and behavioral apects for project success
- Social and cultural aspects, legal and regulatory practices, technology and infrastructure for projects' success in the global market
Eligibility: Graduates and professionals in business management or accounting
Fee: $150 (Note: A separate fee should be paid for acquiring the certificate)
When: Three courses in three sessions - 23 January 2017, 30 May 2017 and 28 August 2017
Number of seats: 19,15 and 15 respectively
Duration:10-11 weeks per course
Instructors: Instructors of Project Management at RIT Leonie Fernandes and Celine Gullace
Medium of Instruction: English
How to apply: online application
Last date of admission: NA
- Project manager
- Project consultant
- Project analyst
- Program manager
- Project office manager
- Project coordinator
- Project architect