Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our children through physical education, health education, and sport? Learn about our 16-credit graduate online certificate Online Graduate Certificate in Physical Education, Health Education, and Coaching.
This graduate online certificate, designed and offered by Boston University School of Education through the Office of Distance Education, provides instruction in three specialisations for students to acquire a foundation of knowledge, teaching methods, as well as research and theories in Physical Education, Health Education, and Coaching. This all-online Certificate is designed for individuals who work with children or adults in physical education, physical activity, health, and coaching settings, from school, non-profit organisations, recreational settings, and a wide variety of amateur and other coaching situations. Whether one is a licensed physical education or health education teacher in the schools, a first-year youth sport coach, a classroom teacher who wants to learn about physical activity, a recent graduate from college, or someone seeking professional development to enter a new field related to sports and physical activity, this certificate is for you.
Who will benefit from the program?
- Professionals without preparation in physical education or health education
- Teachers from independent schools who coach and teach sports, but who do not have any training in physical education, nutrition, or coaching.
- Practitioners teaching physical education or health education who want to enroll in first level graduate courses for professional development.
- Coaches who work with any age, skill, or sport.
- Those from the business world or other careers who want to enter the teaching or coaching field.
- Fitness specialists who want to broaden their career opportunities
- Students who want to complete graduate credits as part of a certificate program before applying for admission to a degree program (Some or all of these classes may be applied to a Boston University Master's of Education degree).
Advantages of the program
- The Physical Education, Health Education, and Coaching Certificate is an all online certificate program.
- You do not need a background in sports or physical education to enroll
- You do not need an undergraduate degree in physical education, health education, or sports to enroll.
- Course materials and assignments can be accessed any time-anywhere
- You can begin and end the program any time.
- You can take one or all four classes.
In order to apply click here.