The Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation is a valuable credential for anyone looking to advance their management career. CMAs are professionals trained to apply their finance and accounting skills to the process of critical thinking and strategic decision-making within an organization.
To earn the CMA designation, you first have to pass the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) CMA exams. To help you succeed, Boston University's Center for Professional Education offers the instructor-facilitated Online CMA Exam Preparation program.
Designed to provide a solid understanding of the material covered by the CMA Examinations, coursework includes numerous tools to assist the learning process, such as:
- In-depth explanations of the topics covered in the CMA Exams, including examples and practical applications
- Course facilitation by an instructor who has earned the CMA designation, available via email.
- Interactive graphs, charts, and exercises
- Practice problems and interactive games
- CMA-style multiple choice questions to prepare you for the actual exams
- Discussion areas for posting questions and/or comments, enabling interaction with the instructor and other students
- Links to other web resources
- PDF of course content, available for one-time download.
The program is offered three times a year, typically in October, March, and July.
Students must have a bachelor's degree.
Students should have a working knowledge of Algebra and Statistics
Prospective students should have read and understood the principles of ethics as given by the IMA. These principles are described in the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice, which sets forth standards:
- Resolution of Ethical Conflict
The content areas covered by each CMA exam and in our test preparation are as follows:
- Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance, and Control: $950
- Part 2: Financial Decision Making: $950
An experienced, CMA-designated instructor is available via email during daily office hours to provide assistance with course content.
In order to apply click here