Addiction is a curse to many lives where the energy of the youth gets lost in the world of drugs. Drugs is not only an abuse to an individual but to his whole society. Do you want to know about how an addicted brain works?
Emory University has bought an online course on The Addicted Brain. This course is available on coursera. The course will start on October 3, 2016.
About the course:
The course 'The Addicted Brain' will help you understand and define drug abuse and addiction. It will also talk about different addictions such as gambling, food, internet, sex, etc. The course will try to make you understand the working of an addicted brain, different types of drugs, neurotransmission and treatment of drug addiction.
Given are the topics covered under this course:
- The background and overview of drug use
- Drugs and how the brain works
- Classes of drugs, Part I
- Classes of drugs, Part II and Animal models
- Neurotransmission and Brain imaging
- Vulnerability: Drug use, abuse and Prevention
- Treatment, Policy and Decriminalization
- The course is free of cost
- If you want certification, you need to pay Rs. 1,928
Creator of the course:
The course has been created by Michael Kuhar. He is a professor in Pharmacology and Neuroscience department of Emory University.
This online course has got very high ratings by the reviewers. For enrolling in the course, go to the official page of the course in coursera.