XLRI- Xavier School of management has achieved 100% placement for its current outgoing batch of 2013-15, the largest batch to ever sit for final placements in the history of XLRI.
The Final Recruitment process saw participation from 108 recruiters, inclusive of 45 new recruiters, and 321 offers were made for a batch of 300 students over a period of 3.5 days.
- XLRI has successfully placed its high-caliber students from its Business Management and Human Resource Management programs.
- Participation by a large number of reputed organizations year-after-year for recruitment bears testimony to the reputation of XLRI as a trusted management school.
- BFSI and Consulting firms recruited in large numbers with around 40% of the Business Management students being offered roles in the Finance and Consulting domains.
- XLRI's unrivalled reputation for its Human Resources Program was clearly visible as the HR students secured excellent job offers across sectors viz. Consulting, FMCG, General Management and other sectors in large numbers.
- 99 students were offered PPOs (Pre-Placement Offers) from their summer internships, a near 25% increase over the past year with the students from XLRI proving their mettle in the industry yet again.
- The median salary offered to the batch is INR 17.00 lakhs per annum while the minimum is INR 12.00 lakhs per annum.
In continuation with the trend from the recently concluded Summer Internship Placements the CRP was marked by an overwhelming presence of recruiters from the financial sector domain.
Recruiters from the BFSI space included Axis Bank, Citibank, CRISIL, Development Bank of Singapore, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ICICI Bank, Standard Chartered and Yes Bank.
ICICI Bank was the largest finance recruiter. Corporate Banking roles were offered by Citibank and HSBC among others. Other companies also visited campus offering PE, VC and IB roles.
Marketing /Operations and Human Resources
The FMCGs have been the forte of XLRI over the years.
This year was no different and XLRI has again re-established its strength as an FMCG destination. Asian Paints, Colgate Palmolive, GSK CH, Heinz, HCCB, ITC, Kellogg's, L'Oreal, Mars, Mondelez, Nestle, PepsiCo, Reckitt Benckiser, Unilever among others offered roles in Sales and Marketing and HR functions. ITC was the largest recruiter in the FMCG space.
The pharmaceutical and medical sector was strongly represented by participation from majors like Alembic Pharma, Bioxcel, Medtronic, Novartis, Novo Nordisk and Roche.
The media sector too made its presence felt with Set India, Star TV and HT Media offering roles in their Sales and Marketing function. Airtel, Ericsson and Vodafone represented the Communications and the Networking space while Philips and Samsung were the recruiters from the Consumer Durables sector here at XLRI.
Bosch, Crompton Greaves, Siemens, Lodha Group recruited students from the HR function.
Ericsson, GSK CH, Kellogg's, Ola Cabs, Uber, Tata Steel offered operations related roles including supply chain and procurement.
General Management once again was one of the preferred sectors on campus with major industry players like Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra & Mahindra, Reliance Industries, RPG and TAS offering a large number of roles in this area.
The consulting domain saw the participation of industry majors such as Accenture Strategy, Capgemini Consulting, Cognizant Business Consulting, Deloitte, EY, Everest Group, KPMG, Mercer Consulting, Price Waterhouse Coopers, The Boston Consulting Group, TSMG and Vector Consulting. International roles were also offered to students.
Technology and ecommerce were the other highlights with some of the key recruiters being Amazon, Flipkart, Hexaware, InterGlobe, Lenovo, Microsoft, Ola Cabs, Quikr, Samsung, ShopClues and Wipro who offered roles in program management, sales & marketing, HR and operations.
XLRI - Xavier School of Management (formerly known as XLRI - Xavier Labor Relations Institute) is a premier, private management institute in India founded in 1949 by Fr Quinn Enright, S.J. in the Steel city of Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Over the last seven decades, XLRI has helped shape responsible business leaders who serve organizations of repute across the globe. For more information, visit www.xlri.ac.in