Gurgaon based premiere management institute of India, Management Development Institute (MDI), has always been one of the most sought after destination for CAT toppers. Consistently ranked between 5 to 10 in the super league band of B-Schools by all surveys and rankings of the country, brand MDI is most respected stopover for corporate bigwigs as well.
In fact, MDI Gurgaon's average CTC offered in 2015, is 4th highest, when compared to IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Kolkata. IIM A - 18.64; IIM B - 19.5, IIM Kolkata - 18.5; MDI Gurgaon - 16.8; followed by IIM Kozhikode - 15.4; IIM Indore - 13.9 lac p.a. (Data: Respective sites)
MDI Gurgaon enjoys a strong connect with the corporate world. According to Dr. C.P Shrimali, Director MDI Gurgaon, "Consistent research and continuous efforts by faculty, towards integrating the curriculum and pedagogy with the growing demands of the industry and making it relevant to the global work place, is an ongoing process here".
MDI Gurgaon has started accepting applications for its flagship program PGP (equivalent to MBA/PGDM) for the 2016-18 batches. The last date for submission of the online forms is November 28th 2015.
Students are selected on the basis of CAT percentile followed by stringent evaluation process which includes assessing the candidates in various aspects of academics, cognitive and business or managerial skill sets through GD/WAT/PI. In 2015 admission session, 60% weightage was given to CAT scores and 20% to ‘Application Scores' which includes academic marks; work experience, academic diversity and 20% to GD/PI/WAT. The weightage distribution may change from year to year.
|Tuition Fees||PGPM/PGP-HRM : Rs.17.15lac|
PGP-IM : Rs.21.43 lac(For PGP-IM, At present the approximate cost of 1 year stay in Europe is 600-800 Euros per month i.e. in addition to the above fees).
No of companies visited last year: 174
|Manufacturing||Arvind Mills, Pidilite, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Asian Paints, Becton Dickinson, Maruti Suzuki, Michelin.|
|FMCG / Pharma||Novartis, Eli Lilly, Emami, Pepsico, United Beverage, Hector Beverage, Coca Cola|
|IT / ITeS /Consulting||Adobe, Accenture, Deloitte US, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, IBM, Genpact, Hexaware, Dell, Google, Lenovo, SAP India, PwC, KPMG, CTS, Boston Consulting Group, Michael Page|
|Finance||American Express, Bank of America, Citibank, Fidelity, Gold Man Sachs, HSBC, ICICI, Royal Bank of Scotland, J P Morgan Chase.|
|E- Retail||Snapdeal, Flipkart, eBay; JOVI|
|Telecom||Reliance Industries, Vodafone, Tata Communications, Idea.|
Application Fee: (Rs) 2200/- for Indian National & Rs. 7200/- for Foreign National, NRI & PIO.
Last Date for application: Saturday, 28th November 2015, 5PM.
How to apply:
- Applicants have to apply online by visiting MDI website.
- Online registration will be Open till Saturday, November 28, 2015, 17:00 hrs.
Strategically located in the corporate hub of India with 40 acres of lush green residential campus, MDI takes pride in its rich pool of alumni - literally the ‘Who's Who' in top management positions across various organizations in India and abroad.
- The international student exchange program, one of the best in the country
- The campus hosts, air-conditioned lecture halls, syndicate rooms, faculty and administrative blocks, a state-of-the-art computer centre and one of the best management libraries of the country
- A Golf Course, Football, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards, Gymnasium, Recreation Room, T.V. Lounge and Canteen are some of the facilities provided on campus.
- Students are provided with accommodation on twin- sharing basis in ‘Change Masters' and ‘Kshitij'. There is a separate hostel block for the girl students called ‘Oddessy' and ‘Kaveri'.