West Bengal Police Recruitment Board has invited online application for the post of Lady Constable. Interested and eligible candidates may apply through online/offline mode before February 01, 2018.
WB Police Recruitment vacancy details:
Name of the post: Lady Constable
Category wise vacancy:
- General: 1403 posts
- OBC: 691 posts
- SC: 355 posts
- ST: 101 posts
Educational Qualification for WB recruitment:
- Candidates must have passed Madhyamik (10th class) or equivalent pass from a recognized board
Physical Standard for WB recruitment:
- Gorkha, Rajbanshi, Garhwali and STs- Height: 152 cms, Weight: 45 kg, Others- Height: 160 cms, Weight: 49 kg.
Age limit for WB recruitment:
- The applicant must not be less than 18 years old and must not be more than 27 years old as on January 1, 2018.
- The Upper-age limit shall be relaxed for the SC/ST candidates of West Bengal only by 05 years and OBC candidates of West Bengal only by 03 years.
- The upper age limit is also relaxable for the NVF and Home Guards Personnel serving in West Bengal Police only as per existing Government Rules. However, Age relaxation is NOT available to Civic Volunteers.
- The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali Language. However, this
- provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
- For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong District, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official language Act, 1961 will be applicable.
How to apply for WB recruitment?
- Application can be filled either by online or offline mode
- Online Mode: Interested candidates may apply online through the official website.
- Offline Mode: Candidates who are applying through offline mode may send their application in prescribed format ( can be downloaded from the official website) to Chairman, West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, Araksha Bhawan (5th Floor), Block-DJ, Sector- II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700091 on or before February 1, 2018
Mode of Selection for WB recruitment:
- Candidates will be selected for their performance in Preliminary Written Exam, PMT, PET, Final Written Exam & Interview.
Period of application:
- Applications may be submitted either through online or offline with effect from January 3, 2018, so as to reach the office of the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board latest by February 1, 2018 (5 P.M.).
- Defective/ incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Each candidate should submit one application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application form will be rejected summarily and the number of application fees and/or processing fees forfeited.
- In case of any mismatch of data between application form filled up by the candidates and supporting testimonials at any stage of recruitment, the candidature will be summarily rejected.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, the candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after an appearance in the tests /examinations.
- Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, she will render herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other punishment as the Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
- SC/ST/OBC-A /OBC-B candidates of other states will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
For more information about the job notification, click here