The Public Service Commission, West Bengal has released a recruitment notification for the post of Librarian. The recruitment notification was released for a total of 26 vacancies. Candidates with a Master's Degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation Science can apply for the post until November 25, 2019.
The shortlisted candidates will be placed under the Higher Education Department, Government of WB. The selected candidates can earn up to Rs 39,100 per month excluding Grade pay. The application fee amount is Rs 210. Check all the details about the WBPSC recruitment 2019 for the post of Librarian.
WBPSC Recruitment 2019 - Librarian Vacancies
- Unreserved - 12 vacancies
- SC - 6 vacancies
- ST - 2 vacancies
- OBC-A (Non Creamy Layer) - 3 vacancies
- OBC-B (Non Creamy Layer) - 2 vacancies
- Persons with Disabilities (Blindness or Low Vision) - 1 vacancy
|Name Of The Posts||Librarian|
|Organisation||Public Service Commission, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualification||A Master's Degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation Science|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Salary Scale||Rs. 15,600 to 39,100 plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6,000/- and allowances|
|Application Start Date||November 5, 2019|
|Application End Date||November 25, 2019|
A Master's Degree in Library Science/Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks is required to register online for the recruitment.
Candidates should not be more than 40 years as on January 1, 2019, with relaxation as per Govt.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should visit the official site of WBPSC to register online for the post of Librarian. The application window will be available between November 5 and 25, 2019.
WBPSC Librarian Important Dates
- Commencement of online applications: November 5, 2019
- Closing date for receipt of online application: November 25, 2019
- Last date of payment of fees: November 25, 2019
- Last date for payment of fees Offline in Branches of UBI: November 26, 2019
- Last date for Generation of Payment Challans by Branches of UBI: November 25, 2019