The Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum has granted autonomous status to 16 engineering colleges affiliated to the university.
According to the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi and as per the notification of Government of Karnataka, VTU has granted autonomous status to these colleges.
These autonomous colleges are authorised to conduct examinations, announce the results, issue provisional degree certificates (PDC) and marks cards to the students, who study in their respective colleges.
The final degree certificates to these students are issued by the VTU, Belgaum, during the convocation.
List of the 16 engineering colleges who get autonomous status:
- Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan
- Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- BVB College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli
- Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot
- SDM College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwad
- The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- PES College of Engineering, Mandya
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore