Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has announced admissions for B.tech programme for the academic year 2018. Interested candidates may apply through online mode.
VIT B.Tech Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology in the qualifying exam (+2/ Intermediate)
- The average marks obtained in the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology (PCB/ PCM) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering and B.Tech.Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) and Electronics and Communication with spl. in Biomedical Engineering but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Age limit to apply for VITEEE B.Tech Programmes:
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
- Candidates whose D.O.B falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VIT University.
Nationality to apply for VITEEE 2018 B.Tech program:
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National.
- Foreign Nationals can apply separately through Foreign National Application form.
How to apply for VITEEE?
- Candidates can apply through offline mode as well as apply through online application form.
VITEEE Important dates & cost of application to remember:
|Issue of VITEEE-2018 Application Forms||November 9, 2017|
|Last date to apply||February 28, 2018|
|VITEEE-2018||April 4, 2018, to April 15, 2018|
|Tentative Counselling Dates||Second week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Results (Tentatively)||On or before May 25, 2018|
|Cost of OMR Application Form||Rs 1200 (inclusive of GST)|
|Cost of Online Application Form||Rs 1150 (inclusive of GST)|
Visit the official website, for more information about the B.Tech programme offered by VITEEE
Also read: XISS Opens PGDM Admissions 2018: Apply Now!