Vocational Higher Secondary Education (VSHE) Kerala has released the first allotment for first-year admissions to colleges in the state for the academic session 2017-18. Candidates who have applied for the allotment can check the result on the official website.
VSHE announced that those who have received allotment should confirm their admissions to the assigned college by 3 pm on June 19, 2017.
The plus one trial allotment was released recently which is given based on the student's percentage in class 10.
How to check VHSE first allotment 2017?
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the flashing notification that reads as "First Year VHSE Admission Started".
- A new page will open. Click on "FIRST ALLOTMENT RESULTS" in the left-hand corner.
- Enter your application number and date of birth in the fields provided and submit the data.
- Download the allotment and keep a copy for further reference.
Vocational Higher Secondary Education had a humble beginning in Kerala in 1983-84. To start with, the scheme was implemented in 19 schools with a few selected courses and was extended to 73 schools in 1985-86 offering 27 different vocational courses. In 1988-89 there were 100 schools with a total of 200 batches. The program continued to expand every year until 1995-96 and the number of schools went up to 310 with a total of 814 batches offering 45 different courses.
The next expansion came in 2000-01 and the number of schools went up to 375 with a total of 1000 batches. At present, there are 389 schools with 1100 batches in the state imparting Vocational Higher Secondary Education in 35 restructured courses with the modernized curriculum. Of the 389 schools, 128 schools are in the private aided sector and 261 are in the government sector.