The result of IAS preliminary exams 2015 has been declared. The exam was conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on August 23.
Click Here to check the result OR candidates can also visit the UPSC official website
How to check the result?
- Go to the UPSC official website
- Click on the tab 'Written Result- Civil Services Preliminary Exam - 2015'
- The result will be displayed on the monitor screens. Candidates can take a print out of the same for future use.
The UPSC exam was held at 71 centres across the nation. Over 4.50 lakh aspirants appeared for the test at 2,186 venues.
The exam was held in two parts: Paper I (General Studies) and Paper II (CSAT/Aptitude Test). Part I of the paper began at 9:30 am whereas, Part II commenced at 2:30 pm. Each paper carried 200 marks.
The candidates who have qualified this exam are eligible to appear for the (Mains) exam, which will be followed by a personality test/interview round.
UPSC Main Exam:
The UPSC IAS (mains) exam is scheduled to take place in the month of December.
The candidates who get shortlisted in the final round will be admitted to IAS or IPS/ IFS/ IES/ ISS, depending upon their ranks.
Number of Attempts
The candidates who are not qualified for the year candidates can make few more attempts and the number of attempts is as follows
- General Category: 6 times.
- OBC Category: 9 times
- SC/ST Category: As many times as they wish