UPSC Mains Exam 2022 is underway from today, September 16, 2022. The Exam is going to be held on September 16, 17, 18, 24 and 25, 2022 across several exam centres in India.
UPSC Mains Exam 2022 Pattern
UPSC Mains consist of two descriptive papers
First Paper (of 300 marks and 3-hour duration each)
- Either the Paper A (one of the Indian languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution) OR the Paper B (English).
- Both are of qualifying nature and you must score at least 25% in each to qualify.
Second Paper (of 250 marks and 3-hour duration each)
You have to attempt one of the following...
- Essay, General Studies I, General Studies II, General Studies III, General Studies IV, Optional I, Optional II
The more marks you score on the 2nd paper, the higher will be your UPSC Rank.
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2022 Schedule
The Civil Services Main Exam 2022 will be conducted in two sessions:
- The morning session (9 am to 12 noon)
- and the afternoon session (2 pm to 5 pm)
Here remain the complete schedule:
|Date||Morning Session (9 am - 12 pm)||Afternoon Session (2 pm - 5 pm)|
|September 16, 2022||Paper 1 - Essay||No Paper|
|September 17, 2022||Paper 2 - General Studies 1||Paper 3 - General Studies 2|
|September 18, 2022||Paper 4 - General Studies 3||Paper 5 - General Studies 4|
|September 24, 2022||Paper A - Indian Language||Paper B - English|
|September 25, 2022||Paper 6 - Optional Subject Paper 1||Paper 7 - Optional Subject Paper 2|
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2022 Guidelines
- Write the papers in your hand. Any external help, like that of a scribe, to write the answers is strictly prohibited
- Candidates will be allowed the use of Scientific (Non-Programmable type) Calculators at the conventional (Essay) type examination of UPSC.
- Don't use Programmable type calculators. It will be counted as resorting to unfair means.
- The use of any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination is strictly prohibited.
- Stick to social distancing norms and usage of sanitisers while appearing for the examination.