The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Indian Forest Service (IFS) 2016 examination results are declared on the official website.
When was the examination held?
The UPSC IFS examination as held in November (2016) followed by personality test in February-March, 2017.
How to check the results:
- Log on to the official website.
- Click on the relevant link.
- A Pdf file containing roll numbers along with candidates name will be displayed.
- Check the list.
- Download and take printout if the same for future reference.
A total of 110 UPSC IFS candidates have been declared successful by the Commission, an official press release said.
Of these, 48 candidates are in the General category, 37 belong to Other Backward Classes, 17 to Scheduled Castes and eight to Scheduled Tribes, it is said.
The marks of the candidates are expected to be available on the UPSCs website within 15 days from the date of publication of result.
- Candidates may obtain any information or clarification regarding their examination or recruitment from the "facilitation counters" set up by UPSC near the examination hall building on its campus here, on working days between 10 am to 5 pm in person or over a telephone.
- The numbers for the same are 011- 23385271, 23381125, 23098543.
It is India's central agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination, Engineering Services Examination, Combined Medical Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, National Defence Academy Examination, Naval Academy Examination, and other important government exams.
The Indian Foreign Service is the administrative diplomatic civil service under Group A and Group B. It is one of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India.The IFS is unlike other civil services as it deals with the country's external affairs like diplomacy, trade, and cultural relations.