The Detailed Application Form (DAF) for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination 2017 has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Interested candidates can now register themselves for the exam online.
Where to find the UPSC IFS Exam 2017 application form?
The application form is available on the official website.
When is the UPSC IFS Exam 2017?
According to the official notification, the Main Examination in the scheme of the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2017 will be held from December 3, 2017.
How to apply for UPSC IFS Exam 2017?
In order to apply for the UPSC IFS Exam 2017, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
- Under 'what's new', click on 'DAF: Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2017'
- A PDF file will open, containing instructions as well as DAF form
- Read the instructions given there carefully
- Fill the application form
- Make the fee payment
- Click to submit
- Complete the registration process
Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs 200.
How to pay the fees?
The fee should be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net Banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
The UPSC IFS examination comprises two parts:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening and selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
- Dispur (Guwahati)
- Port Blair
The last date for filling up the DAF form is September 20 till 6 pm.
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a National level competitive examination in India, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India.